We are pleased that you are considering the Rice Bioelectronics National Research Traineeship (NRT) Program for your graduate education. Due to the current coronavirus situation, the deadline for receiving applications was May 15, 2020. The Application Form Link provides detailed instructions upon logging in.
Details for attending the informational session can be found on the program flyer. The Bioelectronics National Research Traineeship (NRT) information webinar took place on May 4, 2020.
Interested graduate students can provide their contact information on the following google form (https://forms.gle/d5xeqnhNRVt45MSZA), so that we are aware of your interest in this fellowship program and can contact you with information.
In addition, details about how the NSF NRT program differ from other graduate student fellowships can be found on the NSF website (https://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp?pims_id=505015).
When completing the application, you will be asked to electronically submit the following items to the Admissions Committee:
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts (bundled as a single PDF)
- At least two letters of recommendation from research mentors, teachers, or advisors (one from current advisor). Letters should be sent to email@example.com. Note: letters of recommendation included in your graduate program application materials can be accepted, if you give permission to your Department at Rice to share these materials with the Bioelectronics NRT Program.
- A curriculum vitae (CV).
Additionally, you will be asked to provide short responses (500 word limit each) to the following questions:
- Please describe your interest in the topics of bioelectronics and interdisciplinary research.
- Please describe any relevant teamwork experiences that you feel have prepared you to participate in this training program.
- Please describe how this training program will change your educational plan at Rice and enhance your future research career.
Finally, you will be asked if you wish to participate in the NRT program even if you are not awarded a fellowship.
If you have questions about the application, please email the NRT Program Administrator, Dr. Lesa Tran Lu, at firstname.lastname@example.org.